City Hall opened for business in March 1937. Also called the Municipal Building, City Hall was one of four structures built with matching funds from a U.S. Public Works Administration grant. The other three buildings are the Oklahoma County Courthouse, the Municipal Auditorium (now the Civic Center Music Hall), and the Police Headquarters (now non-operational). This group of buildings was commonly known as the Civic Center, being the home of local government and the arts. In 1927 residents voted to remove a track of railroad between Park and Robert S. Kerr Avenues and purchase the land for public use. PWA Project #Oklahoma 1005-R was underway in 1932.
Currently, City Hall houses the offices of the Mayor, City Council, City Manager, Municipal Counselor, City Clerk, City Auditor and Public Information and Marketing, as well as the Action Center and the City Print Shop. City Hall also contains a broadcast control room for City Channel 20, the City’s government access cable channel.
200 North Walker, Oklahoma City, OK 73102
ALBUQUERQUE LITTLE THEATRE
9 am-5 pm
Closed Saturday and Sunday