What is the purpose of OBS?
- Promote fun cycling
- Provide weekly group rides
- Communicate group rides of other clubs and businesses
- Provide information and education for new riders
- Provide a uniting medium, cooperating with other organized bicycling groups and unaffiliated members to promote the general interest of bicycling in all of its phases.
- Promote safe cycling
- Provide information and training to teach safe riding in groups and in traffic.
- Facilitate safety and proper regulation and recognition of the bicycle as a vehicle for pleasure, health and economical transportation.
- To secure a better understanding and recognition of the need for safer riding conditions.
- To cooperate with the public authorities in observance of all traffic regulations
- Improve trails and bike routes in Central Oklahoma
- To encourage the allocation of facilities for cycling on public property.
- Represent all cyclists at the city, county and state government
- To provide a united voice for all those interested in bicycling in order to defend and protect the rights of cyclists.
The Oklahoma Bicycle Society is a cycling club dedicated to the promotion of bicycling as a safe and enjoyable outdoor activity. We actively support local, state and national programs which will benefit bicycling such as: Oklahoma City Bikeways, Lake Hefner Trails, Oklahoma Bicycle Coalition, The Scenic Trails System, The League of American Bicyclists and the Rails to Trails Conservancy.
In order to keep our members better informed